Our face contains about 50 different muscles, and just like the other body muscles, the face needs good care and relaxation. By carrying out regular facial exercises, blood circulation is regulated in the body’s different parts, which further replenishes the oxygen supply in the muscles and the skin.
Performing face toning and thinning exercises regularly will keep your face fit in the long run. In addition, regular facial exercises improve the blood flow and, hence, supply nutrients to your skin cells, which stimulates skin cell regeneration and prevents wrinkles.
What is a Facial Exercise?
Facial Exercise or Face Yoga is a natural way to maintain healthy skin and facial tone muscles. It includes a combination of exercises, acupressure, massage, and relaxation.
Our body muscles get stretched and relaxed when we practice Yoga or exercises. Similarly, our face muscles need similar attention and care so that your skin gets a beautiful, healthy glow and a more youthful-looking skin.
Benefits of Facial Exercises
There are multiple benefits of Yoga for relaxation of body and mind, and Face Yoga can similarly impact the health of the face by adding a glow to it. Doing Facial Yoga/Exercises regularly with consistency can also release your stress, fix your sinus issues, headache and keeps your gums pink and healthy.
Below are some of the benefits of Facial Exercises:
- Enhances flow of oxygen & blood flow which increases skin elasticity & helps tighten it.
- It helps you get rid of extra fat on your face. It can also reduce double chin to a large extent.
- Face Yoga also reduces wrinkles and builds a barrier to early aging.
- Doing Face Yoga/Exercise makes your skin youthful, healthy, and glowing.
- It relieves stress and provides instant calmness to the skin.
- Face Yoga can also treat regular headaches and relieve sinus.
- Face Yoga tightens the skin over time.
Benefits of Facial Yoga:
- Natural Face Lift
- Cheaper than other costly cosmetics
- Improves Confidence
- Improves Overall Well Being of the Body
How Often Should You Perform Facial Exercise?
You should perform Face Yoga/Exercises 3-5 times a week for around 20-25 minutes.
Basic Face Exercises That You Can Follow
Make the Fish Face
- Suck in the inside of your cheeks like a fish, with your lips stable.
- With your lips still stable, try to smile as much as possible.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the same 4-5 times a day.